Monday, July 21, 2014

What Am I Missing?

If you are a fan of Jordan Caron stop reading now and/or please enlighten me on why he is still on the team? Caron recently resigned a one-year, one-way deal for $600,000 contract with the Bruins.  The 23-year-old Quebec native was drafted by the Bruins in 2009, first round, 25th overall. He signed with the Boston in March 2010 and played 47 games in the AHL and 23 games in the NHL.  Caron did not get his name engraved on the Stanley Cup in 2011 when the Bruins won because he did not play in the playoffs, but was included in the team picture and received a Stanley Cup ring. (So did Rene Rancourt, and let’s be honest he did more work in the 2011 playoffs than Caron did) 



Peter Chiarelli has always stood by Caron, saying he has potential and just needs to gain more experience... 

 Even still, after playing 123 games in the NHL and scraping in a mere 12 goals and 16 assists Chiarelli still has faith in Caron and resigned him.


Thank goodness though, it sounds like Chiarelli has some logic because he thinks it might be best for Caron to get a “fresh start” aka send him to a shit team so he looks better. “I think he can be a full-time player . . . I have talked to him about this. It may be that it is time for him to get a chance with another team. So I do believe he can be a full-time player,” Chiarelli said.


If you think I’m being a little harsh on Jordy, please just look at his stats from last season.
He played 35 games and came up with 1 goal, 2 assists, and a -8!


(For those who don’t know what a -8 is, it means the other team scored goals more when he was on the ice. If you’re on the ice when we score you get a +1, if you’re on the ice when the other team scored you get a -1 and these all add up with every goal throughout the 82 games played. A good example of +/- player would be Krejci. He finished the season with a +39! He was on the ice more when we scored than when the other team scored.) 

All in all Jordan Caron was the worst +/- player on the team. He was the only one who played in double digit games and ended with a negative rating. I’m sorry I just don’t see what’s so special about Caron? Why have we kept him on the team for four seasons now? 
Also with 52 shots on goal you only got ONE in? 
Maybe he's a really awesome guy and crazy inspirational in the locker room, who knows, but on the ice I just don't see it. He doesn't fit the Bruin mold in my eyes and he never has. I know this sounds harsh, but I don't care who he gets traded to, I'm just getting pretty sick of hearing how much potential Jordan Caron has. Enough time has passed that he should have shone some of his potential already, but I digress. 

In other news, the player who really made me a fan of hockey with his childish celebrations and genuine love of the game celebrated his 37th birthday a few days ago. 

Happy Belated Birthday Savvy! We miss you in Boston!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment